The Behavioral Wellness Center At Girard, located in the heart of North Central Philadelphia, is a long-standing behavioral health facility that serves a diverse, under-served patient population. We offer a comprehensive continuum of care in addictive services, from detoxification services, residential care, outpatient services, and acute and sub-acute psychiatric services. Our mission is to provide quality health care, treatment, prevention and education in our facilities and in the community.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are currently seeking full-time Counselor/Therapist
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide individual, group and family counseling to Persons In Recovery (PIRs) enrolled in a medication assisted substance abuse disorder residential/outpatient program treatment program.
- Complete treatment plans, psychological evaluations, case management, referrals and discharge planning.
The ideal candidate will also have the following qualifications:
- All candidates must meet the PA Department of Health staffing requirements
- The ideal candidate will possess a MA degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, counseling, with a clinical specialty in Human Services or BA degree in above specialty areas
- Minimum of (2) clinical experience in social work, psychology human service agency, chemical dependency, preferably in a drug & alcohol setting
- Individual written training plan that specifically addresses a plan to achieve counseling in chemical dependency issues
- Committed passion for clinical work, strong work ethic and computer abilities Demonstrated interest in working with a diverse, under served population in a substance abuse program
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social characteristics and manifestations of chemical dependency and mental illness
- Bilingual conversational Spanish a plus
- Qualified applicants who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense are encouraged to apply
Why The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard We truly believe that where you work matters and, as a career community, we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. So join us on our mission - we intend to have a heck of a good time on the way!
We offer competitive compensation, along with the following benefits:
- Career Development
- Competitive salary
- Health Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Life Insurance
- and Free Parking!!